meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” Meschery's Musings of Sports, Literature, and Life Meschery's Musings on Sports, Literature and Life: What the Warriors Must Understand

What my musings are all about...

Blogging might well be the 21st century's form of journaling. As a writing teacher, I have always advised my students to keep a daily journal as a way of organizing their thoughts for future writing projects, a discipline I have unfortunately never consistently practiced myself. By blogging, I might finally be able to follow my own good advice.

The difference between journaling and blogging is that the blogger opens his or her writing to the public, something journal- writers are usually reluctant to do. I am not so reticent.

The trick for me will be to avoid cluttering the internet with more blather, something none of us need more of. If I stick to subjects I know: sports and literature, I believe I can avoid that pitfall. I can't promise that I'll not stray from time to time to comment on ancillary subjects, but I will make every attempt to be interesting and perhaps even insightful.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

What the Warriors Must Understand

My son, Matthew, a true Golden State Warrior fan emailed me this morning with a thought that is essential for the Dubs to embrace, absorb, and acknowledge through action. It is this: In the end, basketball is not an art nor a science, it's nature is physical. The Warriors tonight must match the Thunder physical for physical. This doesn't mean that they lose sight of their team game on offense. They may not be have the overall physical power. But you can give up a few pounds to your opponents if you BLOCK THE SUCKERS OFF THE BOARDS, and GO AFTER THE BALL WITH INTENSITY and PLAY OFFENSIVE DEFENSE.

Enough said. I like the quiet confidence Coach Kerr was talking about in this morning's sports page.

I know all of us Old Warriors will be pulling for our Dubs.

Clutch Haiku   by Tom Meschery

When down three to one
    Look at the moon and count the stars
Then go inside and play the game.

No comments: