meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” Meschery's Musings of Sports, Literature, and Life Meschery's Musings on Sports, Literature and Life: First Game of the Playoffs

What my musings are all about...

Blogging might well be the 21st century's form of journaling. As a writing teacher, I have always advised my students to keep a daily journal as a way of organizing their thoughts for future writing projects, a discipline I have unfortunately never consistently practiced myself. By blogging, I might finally be able to follow my own good advice.

The difference between journaling and blogging is that the blogger opens his or her writing to the public, something journal- writers are usually reluctant to do. I am not so reticent.

The trick for me will be to avoid cluttering the internet with more blather, something none of us need more of. If I stick to subjects I know: sports and literature, I believe I can avoid that pitfall. I can't promise that I'll not stray from time to time to comment on ancillary subjects, but I will make every attempt to be interesting and perhaps even insightful.

Monday, May 16, 2016

First Game of the Playoffs

I'll keep this one short and to the point. The Warriors will win the Western Conference Finals. I will not predict in how many games because it's up to the players to answer that question. The Warriors will win because they are tougher mentally than the Thunder. This has nothing to do with intelligence. Mental toughness is about soul-strength to overcome those moments of adversity that are bound to occur at regular intervals throughout each game. (and life) Soul, because that is what defines all of us as individual human beings, not the mind, not the body, not the heart, but that undefinable other.

Here is a Haiku I wrote for the series for the Warriors.

Defense is Power
Who flexes his muscles harder
Warriors or Thunder

No comments: