meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” Meschery's Musings of Sports, Literature, and Life Meschery's Musings on Sports, Literature and Life: So, it's Philly for the Ring Chaser and Etc

What my musings are all about...

Blogging might well be the 21st century's form of journaling. As a writing teacher, I have always advised my students to keep a daily journal as a way of organizing their thoughts for future writing projects, a discipline I have unfortunately never consistently practiced myself. By blogging, I might finally be able to follow my own good advice.

The difference between journaling and blogging is that the blogger opens his or her writing to the public, something journal- writers are usually reluctant to do. I am not so reticent.

The trick for me will be to avoid cluttering the internet with more blather, something none of us need more of. If I stick to subjects I know: sports and literature, I believe I can avoid that pitfall. I can't promise that I'll not stray from time to time to comment on ancillary subjects, but I will make every attempt to be interesting and perhaps even insightful.

Friday, July 24, 2026

So, it's Philly for the Ring Chaser and Etc

 Just as I finished writing this morning's blog, LeBron went and signed a two-year vet's minimum 8 million dollar contract with the Philadelphia 76ers, which made my earlier guess he'd chose the Warriors, unhappily, wrong. Wrong to think, LeBron might want to do something more interesting than chasing another NBA ring. Too bad, it would have been fun to see a bunch of NBA Old Timers put their remain skils together and see what happens, perhaps a Gold Medal performance. But, noooooooo, LeBron wants more glitter for his fingers. Forget it Dude, you'll never surpass Bill Russell. For my part, I get to keep Yaxel Longenborg and Jimmy Butler and Santa Clara Podz. Now the Dubs need to get creative and find one more top-notch player to fill out their roster. One guy I like a lot is DeMar DeRozen,, still a solid midranage point producer who is smart and has always been clutch. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks don't look at DeMar. Remember, Coach Brown coached DeRozen in Sacramento. And the rumor is that DeMar wants to go back to Toronto, where his career began. Are you listening LeBron?

ETC

I'm curious to see what the Sacramento Kings finally do with Domantas Sabonis. They claim they're not going to trade hiem, but I'm not sure he wants to stay in Sacramento. If that is the case, things culd get awkard as they did with DeAron Fox. I'm pretty sure that Sabonis has a high trade value. He could bring the Kings a high caliber young player plus draft choices. After this draft, with the addition of Darius Aykuff Jr and Emmanuael Sharp, the Kings have started on their way to a solid rebuild. Reynoud at Center, and Cardswell, etc. Not perfect, but keep it going rathr than patching a team of vets and youngsters. Let the youngsters grow together the way OKC did. 

In keeping with my recent obsession with Haiku:

Chasing another ring

LeBron offers his hand to be kissed

Who cares

No comments: