meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” Meschery's Musings of Sports, Literature, and Life Meschery's Musings on Sports, Literature and Life: Basketball At It's Best

What my musings are all about...

Blogging might well be the 21st century's form of journaling. As a writing teacher, I have always advised my students to keep a daily journal as a way of organizing their thoughts for future writing projects, a discipline I have unfortunately never consistently practiced myself. By blogging, I might finally be able to follow my own good advice.

The difference between journaling and blogging is that the blogger opens his or her writing to the public, something journal- writers are usually reluctant to do. I am not so reticent.

The trick for me will be to avoid cluttering the internet with more blather, something none of us need more of. If I stick to subjects I know: sports and literature, I believe I can avoid that pitfall. I can't promise that I'll not stray from time to time to comment on ancillary subjects, but I will make every attempt to be interesting and perhaps even insightful.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Basketball At It's Best

Last night's Warrior's game against the Clippers that they won clinched it for me. I have not seen a team as pleasing to watch ever and that includes the great Celtic teams of Bill Russell's years. Trying to figure out why, I came up with a number of the team's characteristics that influenced my thinking.
They are as follows: Continuity, Freedom, Unselfishness, Intensity, Fun, and Intelligence. Juggle these characteristics around any way you want and come up with an acronym. We can start a campaign, make signs. Create a new formula called From San Antonio to Golden State, an Evolution: How to Play Basketball at the Highest Level. We can send copies of said formula to the NBA teams that are boring us to death, playing something akin to basketball, but NOT basketball.

Short Blog requires a short poem.

Haiku for Curry    by Tom Meschery

Swoops over our heads
Bird trapped in the arena
Curry's shot takes flight.

No comments: